Global Engagement at The University of Mississippi
In addition to the operations of its four core programs (IEP, OIP, SAO, and USJP), the Office of Global Engagement (OGE) provides the leadership necessary for internationalization efforts at The University of Mississippi. OGE is the primary resource for international students, faculty, and staff at UM, as well as for UM students and employees traveling abroad to study or on University business.
Global Engagement actively supports the UM Strategic Plan, Flagship Forward, in its goal to educate and engage global citizens. Toward this goal, OGE directly supports the following actions:
- Enhance study abroad programs and opportunities for students
- Study abroad participation increased 23% from 2016 – 2017
- Total number of student participants on UM-approved study abroad programs for 2018 is 677
- Please see the Study Abroad Report (September 2019) for additional information.
- Increase international undergraduate student enrollment
- Recruitment partnership finalized in December 2017
- Collaboration with on-campus partners to make UM even more welcoming, through increasing diverse dining, housing, and transportation options and streamlining the admissions process
- Expand faculty engagement abroad
- International Collaboration Grant for Faculty – Faculty can apply for up to $4,000 in funds to support collaborations (research, collaboration, and technical assistance initiatives).
- The new agreements database shows UM’s Global Footprint. Faculty interested in collaborating, teaching, researching, or sending students to study with current partners can now see all partnerships at UM.
- More and more UM faculty are proposing and leading study abroad programs.